The Yorkshire and Humber Migrant Health Group is holding a webinar focused on raising awareness, providing information and facilitating joint working between agencies in order to better meet the health and wellbeing needs of individuals seeking asylum across the region.
- Date: Tuesday 16 March
- Time: 1pm-3.30pm
- Location: Online event
The stakeholder resource developed by the Migrant Health Group, which brings together a range of resources and guidance to support professionals across the region, will also be shared.
Any organisation involved in the commissioning, planning or provision of healthcare to individuals seeking asylum is welcome to attend. This will include CCGs, local authorities, primary care, voluntary and community organisations and social enterprises.
Speakers to include
- Expert by experience – there will be a speaker with lived experience of the asylum process
- Elaine Goodwin, National Homeless and Inclusion Health Nursing Lead, NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Dr Amy Stevens, Public Health Registrar, Doctors of the World and Bevan Healthcare CIC
- Sarah Sonne, National Development Manager and Rose McCarthy, Health Access for Refugees Programme (HARP), Refugee Council
- Mat Sidebottom, Nurse Consultant in Inclusion Health, Bevan Healthcare CIC
You can register for the event here.