Monday, 23 May 2016 from 09:15 to 13:00
ODI Leeds – 3rd Floor Munro House Duke Street, Leeds, LS9 8AG
On 23 May, you’re invited to attend a free event to help shape the strategy and plans for making Leeds a 100% digital city.
To achieve the bold ambition of ensuring 100% of Leeds residents have basic digital skills, we need to work together to create a plan that will ensure everyone can benefit from digital.
The event is being organised by Leeds City Council and Tinder Foundation, the UK’s leading digital inclusion charity.
You’ll get the chance to hear from Leeds City Council Chief Executive Tom Riordan, Chief Executive of Tinder Foundation, Helen Milner OBE, Victoria Betton from mHabitat and Mick Ward, Head of Commissioning for Adult Social Care at Leeds City Council.
A practical event
The event will be a practical one, with delegates helping to shape the digital literacy priorities and opportunities for the city and committing to making things happen. At the end of the half day event, we’ll come away with a really clear plan for what we all need to do to make Leeds a truly digital city.
100% Digital Leeds will see influential and effective people from across the city, and from a variety of sectors, come together to create and shape a new movement for digital literacy that will have powerful, lasting impact.
The event will give you the chance to
- Learn about the digital challenge facing Leeds and the opportunity to address it
- Discuss what works in helping people become digitally literate, using your experience, networks and influence
- Shape the priorities for an impactful digital literacy movement across Leeds
- Meet others who are passionate about digital literacy.
Who is the event for?
The event is aimed at organisations and people who believe in the potential of a fully digital Leeds, and can contribute and support a plan to close the digital divide. This could include:
- People working to help and support local communities
- People working in social tech
- People running volunteering or CSR initiatives within large employers in the city
- People working in health and social care or adult skills
- People working within the third sector
We’re looking for delegates who can really commit to making a difference in the city to support the city’s ambitious vision.
9.15 – 9.45: Coffee and registration
9.45 – 10.05: Opening and scene setting
- The opportunity: 100% Digital Leeds (Tom Riordan, Chief Executive, Leeds City Council)
- The challenge: digital literacy in Leeds (Helen Milner OBE, Chief Executive, Tinder Foundation)
10:05 – 10.15: Barriers – including staff engagement (Victoria Betton, Director, mhabitat)
10.15 – 10.30: Addressing the barriers – introducing the ‘One Database’
10.30 – 11.00: Activity – Identifying your priorities for the city
11:00 – 11.15: Voting for your Top Ten priorities
11.15 – 11.35: Coffee break
11.35 – 11.45: The impact of digital inclusion
11.45 – 12.00: Outlining our Top Ten priorities
12.00 – 12.30: Activity – Action plans – What can I do to make a difference?
12.30 – 12.45: Summary and close (Mick Ward, Head of Commissioning, Adult Social Care, Leeds City Council)