The new Age Friendly Leeds Strategy and Action Plan (2019 – 2022) has now been published.
The action plan is structured around six topic areas adapted for Leeds from the Age Friendly City domains developed by the World Health Organisation:
- Public and Civic Spaces
- Travel and road safety
- Active, included and respected
- Healthy and independent ageing
- Employment and learning
Cross cutting themes across all the topic areas are:
- Effective communications – providing information about services and activities in a range of formats that older people can easily access and which suit their needs
- Access to digital technology – help and support for people who want to use digital technology to make their life better
- Engagement and co-production with older people – involving and consulting with older people on the development, delivery, management and evaluation of services and projects which affect them.
- Inequalities – recognising the barriers faced by older people who are, or are at risk of, being vulnerable or disadvantaged, and putting interventions in place to remove or reduce these barriers.