The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) recently updated its advice on the Covid-19 vaccine booster programme (more information on this can be found here).
The programme will be rolled out to the same priority groups as previously (priority groups 1 to 9 in phase 1 of the vaccine programme). This includes:
- those living in residential care homes for older adults
- all adults aged 50 years or over
- frontline health and social care workers (including Third Sector)
- all those aged 16 to 49 years with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of severe COVID-19, and adult carers
- adult household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals
Booster vaccination process
Frontline health and care workers who had their first and second vaccinations at Elland Road and the Thackray Museum will be contacted by text message shortly with an invitation to receive their booster jab. Please note, there must be a six month gap between second and third vaccinations. People will be contacted according to the order in which their vaccinations took place.
If you were not in your current role when the previous vaccines were given you can also book online or call 119.
You will need to provide proof of employment as a health or social care worker to get your booster. This needs to be one of the following:
- a workplace photo ID,
- a recent letter from their employer (last 3 months), or
- a recent payslip which shows their employer (last 3 months).
It would be really useful if you could share some basic monitoring information with us, along with any issues or barriers that come up with regards to accessing the vaccine for you and your organisations so we can pass these along. Please complete this tracker with details of the booster vaccine uptake of your staff and volunteers. Send the tracker and any feedback to [email protected].