The Inner West & Outer West Community Committee is inviting groups and organisations to apply to their Wellbeing and Youth Activity Fund, for projects starting after 1 April 2020
To be eligible to apply for funding your group must:
- be a community or voluntary group, a commercial organisation operating on a non-profit basis or a Council department or statutory service;
- and, if applying for Youth Activity Funding, be registered with the Breeze Culture Network, (If you are not registered it is easy to do so. Go to www.breezeculturenetwork.org)
When applying for funding please bear in mind the following:
- Only one funding application per Community Committee will be considered for each group.
- Projects must be delivered within the Inner and/or Outer Community Committee areas. A map of the wards for these committees can be found at http://www.leeds.gov.uk/council/Pages/Ward-maps.aspx
- Supporting documentation, such as your constitution, policies and audited accounts, must be submitted with your application. Please see section 23(a) of the application form for more details. Failure to provide these documents, may result in your project being deferred to a later date.
- In addition to your completed application form, all projects must complete a project summary. Failure to complete a summary may result in your project being deferred to a later date.
- Please note that all grant funding is paid in arrears, and will only be released after the project has been delivered and the end of project monitoring information, including exact evidence of expenditure, has been submitted.
- Advanced funding requests may be considered on an individual basis and are subject to the applicant providing information to qualify their request.
- All projects will be required to sign a Funding Agreement before the project can commence. Therefore project expenditure should not commence until a Funding Agreement has been completed and you have received confirmation from the Communities Team that your project can commence.
The Community Committees have developed community plans that outline improvement objectives for the local area.
These are listed in the FAQ document. Before you submit your application, please make sure that your proposed project meets at least one of these objectives.
In addition, the recently published Indices of Multiple Deprivation 2019 (IMD), provides a summary of relative deprivation across England.
Applicants are asked to consider how their proposed project will support the committee to address deprivation within the committee area.
They also consult with young people via youth summits. Their preferences and recommendations will influence which projects will be funded.
Youth Summits are currently taking place in these Community Committee areas. If you would like to be involved in the Youth Summit, please email Caroline Webb at email@example.com
All applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, by no later than Friday 31 January 2020 by 5pm.
All applications submitted will receive an email acknowledgement on submission. If you do not receive an acknowledgement, then please contact 0113 3785808.
An initial evaluation of applications will be completed in February and March 2020, with decisions made by the end of March 2020.