Monday 4 December 6:00pm
Join Forum Central and the Community and Young People’s Development and Engagement Lead for the Trauma Informed Programme for an orientation session introducing the Compassionate Leeds: Trauma Awareness, Prevention and Response for Children & Young People strategy and learn more about the ambition in Leeds to recognise and respond to adversity using a trauma informed approach.
The session will include:
- Trauma Informed Programme Ambitions & Outcomes
- What do adversity and trauma really mean?
- Trauma Informed approaches & principles
- Workforce wellbeing & Flows of Compassion
- Common Assumptions about Trauma Informed Practice
- The multi-layered approach to Trauma Informed Practice
- The Four R’s in Trauma Informed Care
- Opportunity to ask questions at the end
Focus of the session
The session is focussed on the city’s approach to Trauma Informed Practice when working with children and young people and breaks down the understanding of what the approach is. It is not a training session to become trauma informed but it will give you and your colleagues more of an insight into the approach so you or your organisation can start to think about how you can implement the approach.
Who can attend?
The session will be of particular interest to community and voluntary organisations including faith groups that work with children, young people and families in Leeds.
Please sign up to attend one of these free sessions using this Eventbrite link: Trauma Informed Approach Orientation Session
Please note, the link to the online event will appear on the day, half an hour before the event is scheduled to start.