Leeds’ COVID 19 Key Messages to Priority Group and Communities Task Group is working to develop strong, clear, evidence based COVID 19 messages to aid more effective communication with communities.
As you know, messages have continually changed since the easing of lockdown. In Leeds, the group has been working to develop key messages with greater longevity so we can communicate information which will assist residents and communities to stay safe. The following key messages have been agreed:
- Keep a safe distance from others.
- Wash your hands regularly, for 20 seconds.
- You must wear a face covering on public transport and in healthcare settings.
- No one in your household should leave home if any one person has symptoms.
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and book a free test at nhs.uk/coronavirus or ring 119.
- If you need to stay at home and have no family or friends for support, ring 0113 378 1877.
The group is currently developing these into infographics, to include translations, YouTube videos etc in various formats to aid the sharing of this information.
Sam Powell from LCC’s Communities team and Chetna Patel from Public Health are now engaging with services, organisations, community groups, community leaders etc. to explore how to increase engagement and understanding with communities. If you have any thoughts on the best way to communicate this information, please complete this short survey by Friday 24th July.
- Translated walk to test posters – this is predominantly for communities with symptoms of COVID 19 living near Lincoln Green because it is a walk to centre (copies will soon be available).
- Walk to test – walkthrough video will be circulated once the translations are complete.
- People who have access to a car and require a test should not use this service but can register for a test at the drive through facility (Temple Green) at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or by telephoning 119.
COVID 19 videos
- These are the links to the current videos https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLggQFjpTLgpIq0r7-nFO9mT6j8Yk2vKBt.
- The symptom video is currently being updated to include change of taste and smell.
Covid 19 and Racism
- Webinar by City University of London link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN2SwpQf-ys&feature=youtu.be.