Eligible frontline health and care workers and volunteers can book vaccine appointments in the following ways:
- Use the national booking system or 119 number for any staff over 40: the National Booking Service can be accessed via: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/ or by phone: 119.
- Use the local booking link for any staff under 45: https://links.inhealthcare.co.uk/lthcovidimmunisation
As with the current process, staff will need to provide proof of employment. This can be done by using a photo staff ID. If one is not available, then a recent letter from their employer, along with a form of photo identification will be needed. Frontline social care workers should also be encouraged to inform their employers of their vaccination to enable this to be included in data returns to help us target support where needed. Please continue to update us on uptake of the vaccine within your organisation via [email protected].
Please also note the following updates:
- Anyone over 45 can now be offered a vaccine, though second vaccines and cohorts 1-9 are being prioritised
- Carers who are under 45 can use the local online booking system https://links.inhealthcare.co.
uk/lthcovidimmunisation or call 0113 20 69624
- First vaccine appointments can now be booked for the remainder of April
- The Moderna vaccine will be offered at Elland Road from w/c 19 April as an alternative to AstraZeneca for those who meet the clinical requirements. It is important to note that currently there is no personal choice in which vaccination a person can have – it is based on clinical need/requirement.
- Anyone who is hesitant about receiving the vaccine is encouraged to speak with a medical professional where possible. If people book a vaccine, there will be opportunity to speak to a medical professional at the vaccination site and people can exercise their choice of whether to proceed right up to having a vaccine or not.
For the most recent updates please be sure to visit the NHS Leeds CCG website: https://www.leedsccg.nhs.uk/health/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/