The NHS in Leeds has put together social media messages which you can use within the communities you work to help reinforce the safety and importance of the Covid-19 vaccine.
You can download the plan, which specifically targets ethnically diverse communities, here.
A number of supporting resources have also been developed:
- Videos in different community languages featuring health professionals Currently these are English (Twitter / Facebook), Urdu (Twitter / Facebook), Bengali (Twitter / Facebook), Arabic (Twitter / Facebook) and Dutch (Twitter / Facebook)
- *new* version in BSL on Twitter / Facebook
- Qari Asim videos in Urdu by Qari Asim, Imam at Makkah Mosque on Twitter / Facebook – also have versions in English not shared on social yet but are on YouTube. Please reshare/use
- Blogs by Qari Asim providing religious context for having the vaccine and a blog by Grace, a Black frontline healthcare worker who has received the vaccine
- All now on YouTube too – videos above now on our YouTube channel, ignore the view rates as more people are watching them directly on social media
- Lots more resources currently being developed, will provide an update next Friday but keep an eye out on social media Twitter (@nhsLeeds) or Facebook (facebook.com/nhsleeds)