Do you know anyone aged 17+ who’d like to do the 8-week employability programme at FareShare Yorkshire’s Leeds warehouse?
This is for anyone who wants to gain skills, relevant experience and tangible qualifications to move into employment.
It works as follows:
- People are inducted onto site and provided with brand new PPE (safety boots, high vis vest, gloves and fleece or hoody). They volunteer 3 days a week for 8 weeks and can choose the days that best suit them.
- They will help FareShare Yorkshire to sort cages and pallets of surplus food for charities in the mornings and pick and pack food in the afternoons. This makes a massive difference to many worthwhile causes. They may also help volunteer drivers to take food out to charities one-by-one.
- Subject to good attendance and conduct we provide ITSSAR-accredited forklift truck training on-site (usually in weeks 6-8) for both counterbalance and reach trucks. If people pass to the national standard, then we will provide nationally accredited permits.
- People gain on-the-job experience in a Gold Standard warehouse, learn how to operate in a real food logistics environment, do a massive amount of good for vulnerable people living in their communities, reduce a lot of needless waste and make a lot of new friends.
- Their funder enables them to cover all travel expenses and they can also provide refreshments, lockers, CV support and help with applications.
At present about 1 in 3 people who complete this programme move into paid work, often full-time work.
Please make contact if you can refer someone who’s unemployed, genuinely wants to move into employment and would likely commit to attending 3 days a week for 8 weeks.
Email: email@example.com | Tel: 01226 213255