Would you like to visit your loved one in their care home safely during Covid outbreaks*? Our friends HealthWatch Leeds have produced this poster to explain your rights.
An essential care giver is someone who:
- Helps the person feel happier and well.
- Provides companionship and support (you don’t have to provide hands on care).
- Can visit as often as you wish.
- Would be supported with Infection Prevention and Control (e.g. hand hygiene and using personal protective equipment).
- Must have the same regular Covid testing as staff.
- *Can continue visiting during Covid outbreaks providing you or your loved one are not Covid positive.
This information is also available on our Covid information page.
For further information and advice on this, or any other aspect of health and care services, please contact: Healthwatch Leeds, 0113 898 0035, [email protected]