Consultation event | Various dates from 13 – 27 July | Booking link
NHS Leeds CCG and Leeds City Council have been conducting a review of third sector led mental health support for adults in Leeds and now want to hear from you.
We know there’s a lot of excellent work taking place in Leeds and they want to build on that to continue to develop and improve community based mental health support services in Leeds.
Now its time for the people of Leeds to give their view on the proposals to improve these services. They want to give as many people as possible the opportunity to influence and co-produce future approaches for the delivery of support.
One of the ways you can get involved is by attending the online focus groups. These sessions will:
- Give you the background and overview of this work
- Tell you what people using and delivering these support services have already said
- Give you the opportunity to share your experience and reflections
- Share proposals for improving these support services and give you a chance to say if you agree with the proposals.
They are hosting six themed focus groups, every focus group will have a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter in attendance:
- Crisis and urgent care, 13 July 2021, 2pm – 3:30pm – a focus group to explore how community-based crisis and urgent care support can be improved and developed. This includes Dial House, Crisis Cafes, BARCA, and the Connect Helpline.
- Supported accommodation, 16 July 2021, 10am – 11:30am – a focus group to explore how community-based supported accommodation services can be improved and developed. This includes services provided by Community Links and Catholic Care.
- Employment support, 20 July 2021, 10am – 11:30am – a focus group to explore how employment support can be developed and improved. This includes Workplace Leeds (provided by Leeds Mind).
- Specialist community support, 20 July 2021, 2pm – 3:30pm – a focus group to explore how specialist community support can be developed and improved. This includes the Community Support Team (CST) services provided by Touchstone.
- Service user involvement, 23 July 2021, 1pm – 2:30pm – a focus group to explore how service user involvement and patient experience can be collected and improved. This includes Together We Can (TWC) and Leeds Involving People (LIP).
- Refugee and asylum seekers services, 27 July 2021, 10:30am – 12:30pm – a focus group to explore how refugee and asylum seeker support services can be developed and improved. This includes services provided by PAFRAS and SOLACE. We will ensure there are appropriate interpreting services at this event. Please tell us which languages are needed when booking.
To sign up for one or more of the sessions, visit: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/leeds-adult-mental-health-community-based-support-review-focus-groups-registration-153644778669
If you have any questions or comments, please email [email protected] or call 0113 843 5470.
This review is part of the new mental health strategy for Leeds, focusing on better integration of services, person-centred care, and working together to help deliver our shared ambition to make Leeds a “mentally healthy city”.
More details on how to get involved can be found on the NHS Leeds CCG website here: www.leedsccg.nhs.uk/get-involved/your-views/mental-health-community-based-2021/