Community Links in partnership with Mentally Health Leeds is pleased to announce new dates for Mental Health First Aid online training which is FREE to all frontline workers in Leeds, including volunteers and peer mentors.
This course teaches participants how to recognise and respond appropriately to signs of emotional distress.
The course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support
Participants must complete the pre-course learning activities and attend both live session dates:
- Friday 11 and Friday 18 June 2021
- Wednesday 14 and Wednesday 21 July 2021
All session take place from 10am to 4pm.
Contact [email protected] to book a place.