This is to support the resilience and capacity of the VCSE sector across West Yorkshire. Organisations working particularly with diverse communities addressing health inequalities are invited to apply for grants of £500 to £3000 for the purposes of increasing their resilience through building their capacity to income generate for the future.
- Funding will be allocated to groups to enable them to test new ways of working which will maximise impact with a focus on supporting sustainability.
- You will need to evidence that your main purpose is to support ethnically diverse communities with a particular focus on health inequalities.
- Successful organisations must participate in the evaluation process to enable learning and impact to be captured.
Suggestions of Potential use of Grants
- Consultancy support for evaluation work
- Development of businesses cases
- Development of a ‘case for support’ to support future fundraising materials
Organisations based within any of the five local authorities of West Yorkshire are welcome to apply.
What is not funded
- Funding should not be used for bid writing for a single one off bid.
- Activity promoting a specific faith.
- Projects that are the normal curriculum work of schools and colleges, would fall under statutory health care provision, or are steered by local authorities.
- Organisations with a high annual turnover (more than £500,000), with significant free reserves, or with a weak financial position.
- National organisations that are working locally.
- Existing salary costs, except where there is a significant increase in hours in order to undertake work directly in relation to Resilience.
- Organisational costs not associated with the funded project.
- Capital Costs
- Unspecified or excessive volunteer expenses or high staff costs/expenses.
- Work that has already been completed or started (retrospective funding).
- Deficits or loans.
- Revenue and capital funding for national voluntary/community organisations and public and private sector organisations.
The deadline to apply for this round of funding is Friday 24 November at 12 noon. Decisions will be made week beginning 15 December. Round 2 of the fund opens Monday 8 January 2024 with a deadline for applications Thursday 22 February 2024 at 12 noon. Decisions on round 2 will be made week beginning 11 March 2024.
More information and how to apply
For more information on the application criteria and to apply, please head to the Wellsprings together website. This funding is being administered by Wellsprings Together on behalf of the West Yorkshire Health & Care Partnership (WYHCP) VCSE Voices Group.