The Ideas that Change Lives fund is now open for applications. The programme offers business guidance and financial investment to help organisations and individuals develop socially enterprising ideas which support people in Leeds with care and support needs.
Applications that support a particular community (non-geographically) and support geographic areas are welcomed. The fund aims to support ideas which make a real impact with:
- Older people,
- People with a learning disability, physical disability or sensory impairment,
- People with mental health needs,
- People with alcohol or substance use issues,
- People with long term health conditions,
- Carers, or
- Young people with support needs in transition between children’s and adult services.
For further details visit Leeds Community Foundation’s Open Grants Page. Applications close on 29 July 2021.
The Ideas That Change Lives programme is funded through Leeds City Council Adult Social Care’s “Better Lives” initiative, which aims to ensure services help people to live independently.
The other key strand of Better Lives is the Leeds Directory website, which lists over 1,500 organisations and services including quality assured domestic services such as cleaning, gardening and personal care. The Directory also includes leisure, lifestyle, health and other general services, which can also support independence.