Karma Nirvana provide face to face practical, emotional and advocacy support to victims of Honour based abuse and Forced marriage – in West Yorkshire.
About Karma Nirvana
We believe having a face to face advocate available to organisations and statutory agencies to refer victims to, can enable us to collaboratively build a multi-agency support network ensuring that the victims and survivors feel that they are safeguarded, understood and receiving consistent, ongoing support.
What we offer:
- Face to face support for victims and survivors of Forced marriage and honour-based abuse.
- Confidential emotional support using an empathic, non-judgmental, victim focussed approach.
- Experts that recognise the risks of these issues and can assess accordingly.
- Assistance accessing relevant services/organisations using a multi-agency approach with both voluntary and statutory organisations in West Yorkshire.
- Someone who can speak to professionals on the victim/survivor’s behalf when they feel they cannot themselves.
- A professional who can advocate to professionals in order to ensure specific risks are understood and handled correctly in accordance with the statutory guidelines.
Get in touch
To enquire about the advocacy service, or to request a referral form, please email email@example.com or call our helpline on 0800 5999 247
Please also be aware, that if you are outside West Yorkshire, or you are in need of support from our helpline, you can call 0800 5999 247 to access emotional and practical support too.