The Leeds Hearing and Sight Loss Service service supports people over the age of 16, living in Leeds who are deaf, hard of hearing, sight impaired or deafblind.
The service has now moved to a new accessible city centre location in Gallery House, 5th Floor, 123-131, Headrow, Leeds so why not pop in for a coffee and have a chat with the friendly team about some of the ways we can support you. For those unable to visit, we can offer services on a flexible basis, outside of our regular opening hours.
We can offer a large range of services to help people live as independently as possible and to stay healthy. There are also opportunities to join a variety of social groups, for those looking for a new hobby, or who want to make some new friends.
Services offered include:
- Support and signposting to mental health services
- Information, Advice and Guidance
- Assessment and Support planning
- Information, advice and emotional support to people newly diagnosed with an eye condition
- Communicator Guides
- Assistive Technology in the home or workplace
- Hearing Aid Advice and Repair Service
- Social Work for Deaf Adults
- Social Groups and Community based activites
- Support for young people leaving school
- Specialist equipment
Visit or get in touch
The Centre is open at the following times:
Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm and Friday 9am-4:30pm
Telephone 0113 288 5750
Email: [email protected]
Find us on Facebook: @bidleeds
Leeds Hearing and Sight Loss Service look forward to welcoming you to the service.
The Leeds Hearing & Sight Loss Service supports people across Leeds with a sensory loss.
The service is delivered by BID Services, in partnership with Feel Good Factor, Age UK Leeds and the Association of Blind Asians, on behalf of Leeds City Council.