Leeds Jewish Welfare Board together with Donisthorpe Hall are looking to jointly appoint a motivated and enthusiastic Committee and Governance Officer based in North Leeds.
Salary: £24,000 per annum (more for exceptional candidate) pro rata to 20-30 hpw
Hours: 20- 30 per week
Location: North Leeds
Benefits: Free DBS, Group Pension Scheme, Death in Service, Employee Assistance Programme, Jewish High Holy days = additional paid annual leave, option to join healthcare scheme.
Reporting to the CEO of LJWB and working collaboratively with the Chairs of both organisations this role will focus on providing an excellent administrative support function to the Board of Trustees of the Charities and their associated committees.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career at an exciting time for both charities.
The key responsibilities of the Committee and Governance Officer include:
- Leading and organising Board and Committee meetings and managing arrangements and logistics for Trustee Committees and the Board.
- Assisting the organisations to in meeting their statutory and regulatory obligations in relation to corporate governance.
- Working with the Chief Executive and Chair(s) to manage the recruitment of new Trustees and committee members.
- Establishing and maintaining the electronic and paper file management of papers and other materials of the Boards and its Committees.
The key skills and qualities of a Committee and Governance Support Officer:
- Qualified to degree standard (or NVQ equivalent), with experience of Governance processes and procedures, agendas, minutes,
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage large amounts of information from a variety of sources
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including producing reports and papers to a high standard
- A self-motivated and positive individual, able to work under pressure, sometimes alone, with the ability to manage and prioritise own workload within specific timing deadlines.
CVs are accepted however please ensure that you request a job specification to be able to evidence the essential criteria for the role.
How to apply:
For further information and an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (0113) 2185 899.
Closing date for applications: Monday 20 May 2019
If you are shortlisted you will be contacted directly, if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, it can be assumed that unfortunately, your application was unsuccessful on this occasion.
LJWB is committed to making any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job role and the working environment so that disabled people have access to job opportunities or current employees can continue to work should they develop a disabling condition.