About the role
Salary: £16,380 per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week
- To set up and strike furniture and equipment according to the room booking schedule.
- To ensure that all conferences, events and other activities have the required equipment, in working order and with sufficient time for the activities that have been booked.
- To make sure equipment is stored, moved and erected correctly and safely in the agreed location.
- To check rooms are clean and tidy before being used and that they are clean and tidy after their use.
- To ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of the areas allocated for cleaning as part of the cleaning schedule.
- To replenish toilet disposables such as soap, paper towels and toilet rolls.
- To report to the Facilities & Contracts Manager any incident or accident in line with the Health and Safety Policy.
- To report to the Facilities & Contracts Manager any maintenance requirements such as light bulb replacements, leaking wash basins, damaged floors etc.
- To carry out periodic health & safety checks and report any issues to the Facilities & Contracts Manager.
- To undertake maintenance jobs as requested.
- The post holder will have a responsibility for ensuring safety in the workplace and in this respect ensuring compliance with all instructions relating to the use and storage of materials/equipment necessary for their role.
- The post holder will have a responsibility for complying with Health and Safety legislation, including the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) legislation, for which they will receive COSHH training.
- The post holder will undertake all relevant training as required and provided by LJWB.
- The post holder will only use the equipment and materials provided by LJWB.
- The post holder will be required to follow all internal procedures and policies of LJWB.
- The post holder will be required to carry out risk assessments for the tasks they undertake, according to the training provided by LJWB.
- The post holder will be responsible for opening and closing the LJWB buildings as and when required.
- The post holder will undertake any other reasonable duties as required that are appropriate to the work of the Facilities team and are commensurate with the responsibility and level of the post.