Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust has updated their Single Point of Access (SPA) number to a freephone number.
This ensures that people needing urgent help for a mental health crisis are not charged for their call to access NHS services.
The Freephone number is 0800 183 1485 (open 24/7, every day)
There will be a phasing out of the 0300 number as follows:
- People currently phoning the 0300 number will hear a voicemail asking them to dial the new 0800 Freephone number so they do not get charged for the call. If they do decide to hold they will still be put through to the SPA team as usual.
- From February 1st callers will be asked to redial using the 0800 number to be connected to the SPA team.
- Leeds GPs will be advised via the GP Practice Bulletin issued by Leeds CCG and there will be a social media campaign and media release to promote the new number more widely to the public starting w/c 11 January.
- The SPA team will continue to monitor the usage of the numbers and further action may be taken to promote the new 0800 number.
Actions you can take now:
- Update your websites and any printed materials with the change to Freephone 0800 183 1485 for the Leeds Single Point of Access (SPA).
- Please advise your professional networks, service users, carers, welfare and support teams/helplines of the change.
- For non-urgent referrals please use the updated SPA referral form which you can email to [email protected]
- This form can be used to refer to the Care Homes Team, Memory Services, Community Mental Health Service and Older People’s Service Community Mental Health Service (65+).
- This form and further information about non-urgent referrals can be found on the LYPFT Referrals website page.
- If you promote information about non-urgent referrals to LYPFT services on your website please check that your information is up-to-date.
- Please share posts about the new 0800 number on social media pages from w/c 11 January.
- The number to get urgent help in a mental health crisis has changed to Freephone so you will not be charged for the call. Please make a note of the new number 0800 183 1485.
- If you, or someone you’re worried about, needs urgent care or treatment for a mental health crisis call the LYPFT Single Point of Access (SPA) on Freephone 0800 183 1485 (open 24/7, every day).
- For more information visit: https://www.leedsandyorkpft.nhs.uk/advice-support/covid-information-public/support-mental-wellbeing/