Third sector representative on the Leeds Provider Network
An opportunity has come up to be the Rep and the Deputy Rep for the third sector place on the Leeds Provider Network.
Leeds Provider Network
The Health and Social Care Provider Network has been established following publication of the NHS Five Year Forward View. The purpose of the Network is to consider how local provider organisations respond to the proposals of the Five Year Forward View, working closely with other partners/key stakeholders.
Members represent: Local Medical Committee, Third Sector, GP Provider representatives from across each of the Clinical Commissioning Group footprints, Leeds and York Partnership Foundation Trust, Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust, Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust and Leeds Adult Social Care
Chair of the Network
The Chair of the Network is the Director, Leeds Adult Social Care. The Network reports to the Leeds Health and Care Partnership Executive Group.
This is the group of Chief Executives and accountable officers from each of the key organisations in Leeds that are going to try and make the changes needed in the health and social care system in the city.
They are: Leeds City Council (public health, adult social care and children’s services), Leeds and York Partnership Foundation Trust, the NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups (West; North; and South and East), Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust and Leeds Community Healthcare.
To attend the meetings and speak on behalf of the third sector, to be the link between the network and not for profit organisations.
Members are asked:
- To understand the strategic context for health and social care in Leeds and the issues facing third sector organisations delivering health and social care outcomes in Leeds
- To share good practice and evidence
- Feedback and seek views from Forum Central membership
We are looking for one representative and one deputy.
- Strategic thinking and decision making
- Public speaking
- Developing strategic relationships and partnership working for the third sector
Attend six-weekly meetings
- Attend regular Forum Central Leadership network
- Meet regularly for ongoing support from the Forum Central team
- Reading time
Support to the role
The role will be supported by the Forum Central team who will provide:
- Knowledge, information and advice about third sector health and social care activities in Leeds
- Links and introductions to Forum Central membership and wider partnerships
- Secretariat and administrative support
- Briefings before meetings and on key issues
- Induction which will address any training and development needs
To be eligible, applicants should be a Chief Executive, a Chair, a Trustee or in a senior management position, of an organisation that belongs to Forum Central membership or are members of Young Lives Leeds, delivering health and social care outcomes in Leeds. You must be available for the majority of the meeting dates (below).
Meetings take place Friday between 12 noon and 2 pm
Friday, 28th October 2016, Friday, 9th December 2016, Friday, 20th January 2017, Friday, 10th March 2017, Friday, 21st April 2017.
Interested parties are asked to express an interest by email, explaining what skills and experience you would bring to the role.
Deadline: 5pm 16 September 2016
For questions and to submit and expression of interest please contact: Rachel Cooper, Forum Central, Leeds Older People’s Forum, email@example.com / 0113 244 1697.