New Suicide Prevention Resources for Leeds
Two suicide prevention resources have been produced by Public Health in collaboration with key partners and communities across the city.
The new Suicide Prevention Guidelines for Frontline Workers and Volunteers
- This has been produced locally to help workers and volunteers feel equipped to support anyone they have concerns about.
- The development of the new guidelines are in response to feedback from frontline workers and new volunteers reporting to us that they are receiving increasingly difficult calls about suicide from members of the public, particularly during the time of Covid-19 and lockdown.
- Public Health and key members of the Leeds Strategic Suicide Prevention Group were involved in producing them.
Men’s Suicide Prevention Grants Handbook
- A handbook for workers supporting men in Leeds; this has been developed with projects funded by our Public Health Men’s Suicide Prevention Grants Programme and contains their valuable learning around working with individuals experiencing isolation and loneliness.
- It pulls together good practice and examples of how to best work with men at risk of suicide and is welcomed as an extension of the initial suicide prevention grants and builds on working with this priority group.