Project 52 have developed an interactive story DVD and resource box for people with learning disabilities and staff who work with these groups – A Walk on the Farm
Project 52 use storytelling to support and develop people’s ability to connect with others and with sensory objects. They have produced a pilot interactive story DVD for staff and participants to use within a group setting. It includes sensory resources to encourage and support interaction and engagement.
The story has been made for staff and participants to be inspired in a creative and sensory environment. Activities are incorporated for everyone to join in or not as they choose.
The story’s creation is embedded in expertise in Intensive Interaction, use of Makaton sign language, music, movement, social bonding, dance, singing and therapeutic play, by our specialist team.
It’s recommend to use this story for up to 8 weeks to build confidence and engagement
You will receive:
- A DVD
- Sensory resources to support engagement in the experience.
- Laminated instructions on how to use the interactive story.
- A laminated script with the resources list.
- A questionnaire for us to get feedback on how useful this story is to your setting.
- A bag for you to keep everything in ready for your next session.
- A stamped address envelope is provided for you to return the questionnaire.
A taster is available to watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQWjZh9JDo4