MEND has issued guidelines for UK Employers on the Holy Month of Ramadan and Muslim-friendly workplaces. The guidance includes:
- Accommodating flexible working hours/ shift patterns
- Consider exchanging a lunchbreak for prayer breaks
- Accommodate work from home requests
- Consider annual leave requests
- Provision of prayer facilities
The guidance has been issued in a booklet entitled ‘Ramadan 2021 – Top Tips for Employers’.
The briefing includes recent research from the Muslim Census who surveyed over 500 Muslims about their experiences at work and key patterns on what Muslims require.