Join the Healthy Communities Together Partnership for their series of Adaptive Action events focused on Tackling Health Inequalities in Leeds. The events focus on the experiences of asylum seekers and refugees, sex workers, Gypsies and Travellers, and LGBTQ+ people, particularly Trans People.
The Healthy Communities Together Partnership is supported by The Kings Fund and the National Lottery. It is sponsored by Leeds City Council and Leeds NHS Clinical Commissioning Group. It brings these organisations together with the Leeds Solidarity Network to explore fresh approaches to tackling health inequalities in Leeds.
Leeds Solidarity Network is made up of four organisations:
- MESMAC Yorkshire
- Leeds Asylum Seeker Support Network
- Basis Yorkshire
- Leeds Gypsy and Traveller Exchange
This event is for you if:
- You are member of one of the communities above and have an interest in this issue
- You work in health and care and have an interest in tackling health inequalities
- You are interested in approaches to tackling social injustice
This will be a friendly and welcoming session where you will have a chance to contribute what you know while at the same time having the chance to listen to the views of others.
You will build new relationships, deepen existing ones and start to think about things that you might be able to do in your practice, and importantly what we might be able to do together.