The Tenfold Leeds Learning Disability Awards took place on Friday 22 June 2018 and what a night was had by all!
More than 300 guests, including Emmerdale’s Gaynor Faye and Karen Blick, Leeds Rhinos and New Zealand international rugby league player Nathaniel Peteru, and the Lord Mayor and Lady Mayoress, were in the Ballroom of the Queens Hotel to enjoy an inspirational evening that celebrated some of the amazing people who work across Leeds to improve the lives of learning disabled people.
The evening was hosted by Big Ian Donaghy, who then entertained the audience with his 10 piece band, HUGE, until the early hours.
- Tenfold Member of the Year 2018: People in Action
- Employee of the Year: Lynn Bailey, Better Action for Families
- Volunteer of the Year: Eddie Martin, Slate and St Vincent’s
- Highly Commended Volunteer of the Year: Leisa Reynolds, St Anne’s Community Services
- Going the Extra Mile: Beverley Bradley Stone, Aspire CBS
- Making a Difference: The Being Me Project Team at Leeds City Council
- Highly Commended Making a Difference: The Accessible Information Standard, Easy on the I Team, HFT and Connect in the North
- Team of the Year: Pyramid of Arts Artists Team
- Highly Commended Team of the Year: Scott Hall Crisis Unit Team
- Outstanding Contribution: Janet Wright Commissioning Manager at Leeds Council was honoured with this Award for all the support she has given to third sector learning disability services over many years.
There were also two special awards handed out on the night.
Adam Ogilvie received a Special Recognition Award, for leading the work of the Leeds Learning Disability Partnership Board for many years as its co-chair.
A Special Achievement Award was awarded to Leeds Mencap to mark the hard work and commitment that resulted in the new Vinery Centre as well as the work they have done with families and children in Leeds for more than 60 years.
You can look at all the photographs taken by our official photographer on the night, Ollievision, by visiting the Ollievision website.
When you get on the website you will need to click on Client Photos and then click on Tenfold Awards and enter the access code: smile18
Copies of the photos are also available to buy and download and cost £1 each for watermarked web versions and £2 each for hi-res versions.