TSL is the forum in Leeds that promotes, represents and advocates for not-for-profit groups and organisations (known as the ‘Third Sector’) in Leeds.
They have recently reviewed their terms of reference and are seeking to recruit third sector leaders to a number of voluntary positions onto their Leadership Group (the body that sets their direction).
- influence decisions that affect the communities the third sector works with
- ensure that as many third sector organisations as possible, particularly the smaller ones, are involved in discussions on city-wide challenges and solutions
- ensure third sector organisations can access information and support to help them play their part in changing Leeds for the better.
What sort of work does TSL do?
It’s an exciting time for TSL with lots going on; their current work includes:
- action to influence commissioning policy
- helping to ensure that third sector organisations are ready to respond to Brexit
- delivering events that will help smaller organisations to be more effective
- examining the impact of the roll out of Universal Credit
- supporting activity that reduces financial exclusion and child poverty.