The following ‘Want To Know More About…’ (WTKMA) webinars are now available to book.
Carers: Tuesday 9 March 2021, 11am to midday
This session is suitable for anyone working to promote health and wellbeing in Leeds and who may come into contact with carers. It will cover the importance of supporting carers, how professionals can support carers, and how to be ‘carer friendly’.
The session will also cover:
- who is a carer (and the important distinction between carers and “care workers”)
- who carers are looking after and what they might be doing
- the hidden carers
- the impact caring can have on the carer
- an overview of the support and services available to carers across our city
This session will be delivered by Carers Leeds.
COVID-19 vaccine: Wednesday 31 March 2021, 12:30pm to 2pm
This session will provide information about how professionals working in Leeds can support community engagement with the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
This webinar will cover:
- COVID-19 and its impact
- vaccine – the facts
- vaccination programme roll-out
- inequalities and vulnerable groups
- barriers to access/ concerns
- how you can support the vaccination programme
- further support and resources
The session is aimed at all colleagues in the public health wider workforce, including frontline workers and third sector staff.
It will be presented by Public Health specialists (Leeds City Council) and an Infection Prevention Nurse (Leeds Community Healthcare NHS).
Booking for these webinars is via Eventbrite. To book a place – please visit the Leeds Public Health Training webpage https://www.leeds.gov.uk/phrc/public-health-training/want-to-know-more-sessions where you will find full details of the session and the Eventbrite booking links.
Please feel free share this information with colleagues and amongst your professional networks as appropriate.
If you would like to be kept informed of future training opportunities offered by the Leeds Public Health team, subscribe to receive the Public Health Resource Centre newsletter