Cloth Cat is seeking an Accounts Volunteer to have oversight for and to support and develop their financial processes, systems and policies.
Volunteer Role: Accounts volunteer
Hours: 4 hours a week
Location: Old Chapel Studios LS11 9PR
Cloth Cat are a charitable organisation based in inner-city Leeds that uses music training to help local people improve the quality of their lives. They help people to gain control over their lives and find avenues into employment by providing the opportunity to learn a variety of skills and to develop their musical talent.
By doing this, Cloth Cat also provide a basis for empowerment, confidence building and making music contacts that will become ever more useful as their abilities continue to grow towards their future.
About the Role
You will play a supportive role in ensuring that financial processes are maintained and developed, thus supporting the sustainability of Cloth Cat and helping the wider team by enabling them to have good information in a timely way.
- Identify and recommend new or improved financial processes at Cloth Cat and feed this in to the Management Committee
- Creating a plan for the Donor Strategy from Just Giving, MyDonate, Paypal and other third party agencies that facilitate donations being made to Cloth Cat.
- Assisting in the preparation of re-forecasts and management account
- Processing supplier or sales invoices and credit notes.
- Credit control
- Reconciling weekly bank statements.
- Reconciling monthly petty cash income and payments.
- Reconciling of monthly credit card statements and processing these into Quickbooks.
Qualities/ Experience & Skills required
- Working/studying in a bookkeeping role
- Accounting or Management Accounts
- A role requiring attention to detail
- Office administration
- IT facilitation
- Data entry
- Working in an office environment and supporting others as part of a small team
- Office administration systems
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
For more information please contact:
Katie Hayes (Volunteer Coordinator) on
- Phone: 0113 2442773
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org