100% Digital Leeds has partnered with Leeds Arts Health and Wellbeing Network to host a series of free 30 minute lunchtime webinars this January showcasing online arts and culture tools and resources for health and wellbeing. The webinars are perfect for Digital Champions and anyone else looking to support people to more with digital.
Each of the three webinars will showcase a range of simple, accessible, and fun ways for people to engage with arts and culture digitally, from home. The websites, apps, and online events will be accessible and suitable for a range of audiences, including older people, people with learning disabilities, those likely to be suffering from the effects of isolation, and those with low digital skills and confidence. The sessions will cover a range of art forms and ways to be creative, from drawing to dance.
The sessions will include practical information on:
- How online arts and culture tools can help people to develop their digital skills and confidence
- How online arts and culture tools can help people to improve their health and wellbeing and connect with others
- Awareness of some of the exciting and accessible ways people can get involved with arts and culture remotely, in Leeds and further afield
All three webinars are free, via Zoom, and bookable at Eventbrite:
- Wed 13th Jan, 12.30 – 1pm: Online arts and culture for health and wellbeing: tools for individuals
Focusing on online tools that people can use to explore the arts independently in their own homes. It will give practical hints and tips on how people can access free and affordable content from home including streamed performances, podcasts, eBooks, and creative courses.
- Wed 20th Jan, 12.30 – 1pm: Online arts and culture for health and wellbeing: connecting with others
Sharing engaging and accessible ways people can come together digitally to explore the arts socially and as part of an online community. This session will highlight a range of online groups, classes, events, and other digital tools and spaces where people can engage with the arts communally and connect with like-minded people.
- Wed 27th Jan, 12.30 – 1pm: Online arts and culture for health and wellbeing: tools for groups
Showcasing the variety of engaging and accessible ways existing groups can explore digital arts and culture together. This session is ideal for anyone facilitating online groups and meet-ups who would like practical hints and tips on how to bring arts and culture into your meeting. Tools and resources recommended will be accessible and of interest to online social groups of all kinds, including those aimed at older people, people with memory issues, and people with learning disabilities.
All sessions will be recorded and shared on the 100% Digital Leeds website, along with links to the various tools and resources shared.