The next application window for the Community Ownership Fund (round three window three) will opened on December and will close on Wednesday 31 January 2024. The government is providing funding over four years to support community groups in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to take ownership of assets and amenities at risk of being lost, such as community centres, parks, pubs and post office buildings.
Purpose: Apply for funding to take ownership of assets at risk of loss in your community
Type of fund: Competitive
Who can apply: Incorporated voluntary and community organisations, and parish, town and community councils (depending on eligibility requirements)
Capital funding available: Up to £2 million for all asset types, but they expect that most awards will be for up to £250,000 of capital funding.
Revenue funding available: No more than £50,000 or 20% of the total capital funding applied for, whichever is smaller. All groups are encouraged to apply, as all projects will incur initial running costs.
- support community groups to take ownership of assets which are at risk of being lost to the community
- support community groups where the asset is already in community ownership but needs essential renovations to be sustainable for the long-term benefit of the community
- strengthen community ownership across the UK
- strengthen the social infrastructure that helps communities to thrive
- Expression of Interest stage – always open
- Round 3 Bidding Window 3 – 6 December to 31 January 2024
- Applications must be submitted by 11:59am (before noon) on each bidding window’s respective closing date
- There will be 4 bidding windows each year at regular intervals
- March 2025 – Fund closes
Applicants can register for support webinars via the My Community website on the following topics: