The Leeds Fund Microgrants can be used to part-fund or fully-fund a variety of activities that will enable organisations of different kinds to support their communities. The fund is aimed at small and emerging Leeds-based Community Organisations who may not be able to access larger grants programmes.
- These grants are for formally constituted groups. This means that your group or organisation has a formal document explaining the purpose of your group and how it is organised
- Organisations must have an income under £75,000 in the most recent financial year to be eligible
- Activity must be based in Leeds, and applicants must be based in or have a demonstrable connection to Leeds communities
- Only one application per organisation can be considered per round
- Applications from groups who have received a microgrant in the past year will not be considered
Examples of activity that can be funded
- One-off projects, expanding existing activity or supporting your organisation’s development
- Past-funded themes include: health and wellbeing; providing enriching experiences; creating safe and friendly communities; and skills building
- Past microgrant activities include community gardening, training for organisation staff, mini-festivals, crafts workshops, employability programmes, sports clubs, marketing consultation, animation activities for children, and more
These are just examples however. You will know best what is needed to support and empower your communities, and applications are welcomed for a wide range of activities.
Grant Size: Up to £2,500
Location: City of Leeds
Duration: Up to 1 year
Application Deadline: 31 January 2024 at 12 noon
Decisions: March 2024