Have your say on the Leeds Local Plan Update consultation. The consultation is focussed on climate change issues, and called ‘Your Neighbourhood, Your City, Your Planet’. It will look at ways we can shape planning policy to reduce our city’s impact on the environment and help the city achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2030.
Leeds City council is asking people what they think and feel about issues regarding climate change in Leeds and in local neighbourhoods, as well as feedback on emerging ideas on the following topic areas:
- Carbon reduction – changing the way buildings are built, and how we generate renewable energy.
- Flood risk – making our communities resilient to the impact of flooding, one of the most direct impacts of climate change that Leeds faces.
- Green infrastructure – making the most of our green spaces and natural environment, to help improve the health and well-being of our citizens.
- Place-making – guiding new development to places that offer the best opportunities for active travel and public transport, health & well-being and making the best use of communities’ assets to create ’20-minute neighbourhoods’ where people want to live, work and play.
- Sustainable infrastructure – integrating low emissions transport and improved digital connectivity, helping reduce journeys by car.
Visit www.leeds.gov.uk/lpu to view more details about the different topics submit your views using the response forms.