The Leeds Fund Microgrants can be used to part-fund or fully-fund a variety of activities that will enable organisations of different kinds to support their communities. The fund is aimed at small and emerging Leeds-based Community Organisations who may not be able to access larger grants programmes.
- These grants are for formally constituted groups. This means that your group or organisation has a formal document explaining the purpose of your group and how it is organised
- Organisations must have an income under £75,000 in the most recent financial year to be eligible
- Activity must be based in Leeds, and applicants must be based in or have a demonstrable connection to Leeds communities
- Only one application per organisation can be considered per round
- Applications from groups who have received a microgrant in the past year will not be considered
- Microgrants rounds in 2023 are running in January, April, July, and October
Examples of activity that can be funded
- One-off projects, expanding existing activity or supporting your organisation’s development
- Past-funded themes include: health and wellbeing; providing enriching experiences; creating safe and friendly communities; and skills building
- Past microgrant activities include community gardening, training for organisation staff, mini-festivals, crafts workshops, employability programmes, sports clubs, marketing consultation, animation activities for children, and more
These are just examples however. You will know best what is needed to support and empower your communities, and we welcome applications for a wide range of activities.
What can’t be funded
- Activity and costs that have already taken place
- Activity targeted at a particular group (ethnic, gender, religious etc.) without a good justification for this
- Activity that promotes a particular political or religious point of view
- Activity primarily for the benefit of animals
- Capital appeals for building projects
- Grant-making to other organisations and/or individuals
- Applications from individuals
- Expeditions or overseas travel
Find out more
To find out more on the types of projects this funds and to apply, please follow this link: Leeds Fund Microgrants.