Forum Central is a collective voice for the health and care third sector. We work to make sure our sector is involved and has influence in the overall strategic planning for health and care in Leeds.
The Forum Central service is delivered by the partnership of:
- Leeds Older People’s Forum
- Tenfold (the Learning Disabilities Forum) and
- PSI-Volition (Mental Health and Physical and Sensory Impairment Forum)
Together we have built on well-established working relationships with our key partners and we continue to develop new links and relationships with health and care partners across Leeds.
A focus of our health and care work is to showcase the activities of the third sector by:
- Helping others understand the impact and breadth of the sector
- Highlighting what the sector could contribute to new health and care landscapes
A key role for Forum Central is to recruit and support its members to be representatives on various health and care strategic groups in the city.
Health and Wellbeing Board
This is the partnership board in the city that oversees the strategic vision and delivery of health and care in Leeds.
The third sector representative is: Alison Lowe, Chief Executive, Touchstone.
Community Providers Network
This Network is chaired by Thea Stein, the Chief Executive of Leeds Community Healthcare. The group brings together all the main community-based providers. They work together and develop new and potential ways of working, especially in light of the Five Year Forward View.
There are two third sector representatives
There are a number of groups in the city looking at what an effective health and care workforce of the future needs to look like. Part of their work is to look at:
- How we support people to “work with” people in a different way
- How we address shortfalls in being able to recruit to roles
We have recruited these third sector representatives to the groups:
Data & Digital
Data and Digital are described as two of the big ways that health and care systems can work more effectively together, as well as work in a different way with people. Forum Central is influencing this area from a health and care third sector perspective.
Third Sector Reps
Information & Resources
Reports from Reps meetings
Read the latest reports from the meetings that Forum Central has representation on:
- Health and Wellbeing Board Workshop, (23 October 2019_ Lucy Graham
- West Yorkshire and Harrogate Integrated Care System, (20 September 2019) – Ruth Kettle
- Health and Wellbeing Board, (16 September 2019) – Ruth Kettle
- Prevention Programme Board (17 September 2019) – Arfan Hanif
- Provider Partnership Board (16 August 2019) – Pip Goff & Iain Anderson
- Partnership Executive Group (PEG) (July 2019) – Kerry Jackson
- Newton Europe Summit (11 July 2019) – Pip Goff
- Health and Wellbeing Board (14 June 2019) – Alison Lowe
- Leeds Plan Refresh (30 April and 12 June 2019) – Alison Lowe
- Social Prescribing Commissioner Workshop (16 April 2019) – David Smith
- Long Term Conditions Steering Group, (8 April 2019) – Iain Anderson
- Provider Partnership Board (29 March 2019) – Iain Anderson
- Board to Board (19 March 2019) Ruth Kettle
- PEG Meeting (8 March 2019) – Kerry Jackson
- Self-Management Steering Group (27 February 2019) – Val Hewison
- Mental Health Inequalities and Ethnicity (14 February 2019) – Alison Lowe
- Better Conversations Interactive Skills Day (14 February 2019) – David Smith
- Population Health Management (PHM)Programme (7 February 2019) – Hilary Brockway
- Clinical Strategy Group (Frailty): Population Health Management (PHM) Programme Subgroup (5 February 2019) – Hilary Brockway
The NHS Long Term Plan was developed in partnership with those who know the NHS best – frontline health and care staff, patients and their families and other experts
Leeds Health and Wellbeing Strategy (pdf)
A vision for how Leeds wants people to experience good and fulfilling lives in Leeds, from birth to end of life.
Exploring the Third Sector Health and Social Care Offer in Leeds (pdf)
A paper published by Forum Central providing a wide range of examples of third sector health and care services | March 2017
A paper published by Forum Central providing examples of third sector services having an impact on the need for acute care | July 2017
Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (LYPFT) provides specialist mental health and learning disability services in Leeds and across the Yorkshire and Humber region.
Advonet provides and supports advocacy in Leeds. Their ambition is to ensure everyone gets their needs heard and rights respected.